Monday, September 7, 2009

Hooray for Labor Day!!

Wow, I have fallen terribly behind in my blogging duties. It isn't for no reason, however. No, my friends, I now have a completed house in which I live, a relatively large yard to tame and cultivate into yielding a resplendent garden of eden, several boxes still (in several rooms) to go through and unpack, a dog to call a companion and care for, and so much more. It has, indeed, been quite a brimming cup full of life.

I'm enjoying being a homeowner - for may reasons, into which I'll not go at this point. This will, of necessity, be a relatively short blog as I have swimming in my head at this very moment several things which need to be done around this new house to get ready to take advantage of this semi-sowing season. Be it known that I am well, though I've obviously been reading a little too much Jules Verne - which, like slurred speech to an alcoholic, has filled me with a manner of speaking that seems not to befit my 21st century life.

I'm grateful to be able to celebrate this Labor Day with a day off of my corporate work. This wonderful day in which we must all be grateful that, over one hundred years ago, men, women and children marched and fought in newly developed labor unions for safer working conditions, better pay to match the services given and whose rocking of the boat gave way to the then-nonexistent weekend so many of us now enjoy. Hooray for Labor Day!!

No comments: