Monday, October 26, 2009

Does it ever seem to you that you'll never get your house organized, a place for everything and everything put away? It feels that way to me. I've been working mostly on my sewing/art room. It could be that I just don't have enough storage space for everything, or it could be that I am too particular about where/how things go, so I take FOREVER getting it arranged. It's most likely the latter. Since Grams passed away last month, however, and I inherited her patterns, thread, lace, notions and such, I really do have a lot of stuff. Most of it's lace. I guess I have to get sewing Grams' baby blessing dresses and giving them to people. Know anyone who'd want one? lol

I now have a concrete patio in my back yard extending to the north edge of my house. Someday, I'll build a deck on top of it, so it also has the hardware for that, but I'll have to save up to complete that. It's been expensive fixing up the yard - and there's nothing visible (other than that patio) but dirt and funny pipe! Someday - next year - it will begin to look like a transplant from the Garden of Eden.

Aside from household tasks, I've redoubled my efforts to study the scriptures daily. I've taken to a marking system that will require me to read through the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ at least three or four times before it's mostly complete. It's just too hard to thoroughly pick out each of the items I'm marking. This first time through, I'm working on marking all the references made to a member of the Godhead (God the Father, Jesus Christ, or the Holy Ghost) and any time the Savior speaks. It's amazing how frequently one of them is mentioned. I don't believe there has been a page so far where at least one of the three hasn't been mentioned in one way or another. I'm also writing notes in the margins if some insight pops out at me. It's rather nice and the reading goes pretty quickly. The other times I'll be reading for Christ-like attributes, Gospel Principles (taking note of the "invisible" words), and Allegories/Parables. That should tie me over for a little while in my personal study.

I'm sure I could think of other things about which to write, but I really would rather go eat right about now - I haven't had a proper lunch yet. :)

No comments: