Sunday, May 17, 2009

But It's MY Dirt!

I'm the proud owner of a piece of earth.  You can see this piece of earth to your right; yes, that's my lot upon which will someday be built a modest home.  At the moment, I helped my neighbor document the building of his fence.  It's a nice fence, though I prefer white over. . . taupe, is it?  I'm actually really glad both my neighbors have put up a fence.  Yeah, one is wood and one is vinyl, but beggers can't be choosers and as I didn't even beg, I'll take it!  That leaves me only  the visible sides of my yard to me for fencing as I see fit. . . once I have a house to fence around, that is.
Hopefully, we'll get the permit from the city soon and excavation will begin!  I've been told that I'm a top priority for scheduling as soon as my permit is issued.  That should be no later than this Wednesday.  I thought it would have been done weeks ago, but it wasn't and that's a long story I shan't go into at the moment.  Let's just say, construction serves many purposes, including building patience you thought you had, but realize now you need to develop - desperately!!  As soon as there's more to see, I'll take pictures and you shall be privy to the progression of my home.  How wonderful it will be. . . someday.

I recently had a wonderful time watching my niece and nephew while their parents went out on a li'l date.  LAm (as he'll be called here) and I cooked some good eats on the little kitchen in LAs' (as she'll be called here) bedroom.  Oh, boy, does LAm love to cook.  He gets it from his daddy.  I spent the night at their house and was treated to a breakfast made by LAm and his daddy.  LAm even operated the mixer all by his lonesome!  He's such a cutie, isn't he?!  Breakfast was delicious!

LAm is a bundle of energy and we are chums.  LAs is also full of energy and, though not yet a year old, very talkative.  She burbles and wiggles all the time.  The two of these kids giggle quite a bit and it is so contagious!  I love 'em a lot.

1 comment:

Adams Family said...

Yeah! I love your dirt...i think getting started with the whole building process is one of the hardest parts...we'll have to come see it soon!