Friday, April 17, 2009

Life In Overdrive!

Well, I admit: It's been quite a while since I posted. I don't even have kids as an excuse. Really? I just forgot about my blogs. EEK! I probably shouldn't admit that, but I'm honest and blogs don't have feelings. I'm sure you understand.

I have, however, been quite busy. It seems that 2009 is the year of the Adams' Home-Building. We recently finished helping brother Matt and Melissa build their new home and my other brother, Aaron, will be breaking ground soon (if he hasn't already) on their new home and I? Well, I just finalized all the details of my new home!!! My family and I are not building this one, but it's still a monumental occasion for me. I guess it will be a bit of a race to see who can finish their home first. I bet I win!

Anyway, I'm very excited to be buying my first home. It's on a beautiful little corner lot in SF, and will be a great starter-home for me. I'm very excited to have a place to decorate and call my own. It's only 10 minutes from my parents' home, which makes my sister's kids happy. I had two of them ask if they could come live with me. Ha, ha. I love them, but I think an occasional sleep-over is about as close as they'll get. The funny part about that is the two who asked to live with me are the two who are least likely to get along without some serious self-discipline. I love them all, though, and will be glad to be within biking distance to my folks' place!

Work is going well, and I just got a gift card for Administrative Assistants' day - I didn't even realize it was this week. :) I really appreciate my supervising attorney. She has been a good friend and mentor to me for over 3 years, now. She had been under a lot of pressure and having a series of unfortunate days, so Tab the Great and KFB and I went in on flowers for her. It totally brightened her day and made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. She's been so good to me that it felt really good to do something like that for her. I should do it a bit more often.

Well, it's been interesting to see what has been most exciting to me about buying a house. A few things come to mind: I negotiated some things into my contract, I will finally have a permanent address as my actual living quarters, I will be able to start my own year's supply (I'm really happy about this!), I get to landscape and because I have a yard - I will be able to get a dog! I think I could totally handle being single the rest of my life if I have a great dog. I'm not saying that would be my choice, but it could be done and wouldn't be torture.

Thank you for listening to my boring rant. I'll be documenting the building of my house and keep you posted on its progress. This is me, signing off. :)

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Hooray! You're a home owner! That's awesome. That milestone isn't even in my foreseeable future. Someday...someday.... In the meantime, enjoy hanging things up on your walls without having to get permission to pound more holes in them from your landlords. :)

Trudy Ann said...

Congrats!!!!! very exciting and scary at the same time!