Monday, September 29, 2008

Up, Up and Away!!

Every year for the Independence Day celebrations in my hometown, there is a hot air balloon race that starts in the wee hours of the morning. I've seen some of the same balloons year after year; twenty balloons floating along the Wasatch Front has kind of become an expected sight having grown up here.

Apparently one of the people in my ward has an uncle who owns a hot air balloon. We got to go for rides this evening for family home evening. It was a balloon I've recently come to recognize as he has done the balloon race for Independence Day for the last 7 years. It was really fun. As my turn got closer, I think the years were shed from me. I felt like a kid again, filled with the anticipation of hopping into that basket and floating free up into the air.



I realized that it's still such a novelty because, while I see them every year, it's not every day one gets to RIDE in a hot air balloon! Yippee!! You'll notice the pictures are blurry - that's because I don't own a camera so I tried to take pictures with my cell phone. They are pretty good, but I'm not smart enough to figure out how to e-mail them to myself so I can have good quality pictures. . . . I ended up taking a picture of the screen of my phone with my Macbook camera and cropping it. I'm such a technologically behind person - partially by choice, but also just out of ignorance. It's better than nothing, though. :)

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

How fun to go for a balloon ride! You lucky girl, you!