Saturday, April 24, 2010

Spring Fever!

Okay, so I don't really have spring fever. I pretty much take the seasons as they come and enjoy whatever weather comes with it. This is my first year, however, with my own garden, so getting snow in late April makes me a little nervous for my li'l peppers and tomatoes. It's all part and parcel of homeownership and I kind of love it.

BigBro2 (BB2) came over today to help me wire my sprinkling system he and my other brothers and Dad helped me put in last fall. We had some fun watching a few caps pop off - shooting sky high. Everything is wired and set in order, which means I can now work on getting the trim where I don't want the grass to grow, preparing the soil, then I'll put on all the sprinkler heads, then to plant my grass! It's all so very exciting to me. It will be so wonderful to watch it all come in, bit by bit.

I've already gotten my main gardens in front designed - well, as far as where the paths will be and where the plants are going to go. I have a couple of cute little neighbor boys (brothers) who come visit when they see me out in the yard; especially when I have Coda out playing, too. They've taken to walking the garden paths, even though it's just dirt. It makes me happy that my 'garden' is already bringing joy to people and there aren't even any plants yet!

I did tell the neighbor boys that my tree had a name. They thought that was pretty cool and that Mister King seemed to match the look of the tree. I'm very happy to announce to you all (as though you cared) that Mister King is alive, and little leafy buds are beginning to bust out all over. It's still early for sycamores, but my worries of whether or not he would survive have been quelled somewhat in seeing the tiny emerald jewels begin to spackle his boughs.

I suppose that's enough gushing over my garden. . . for now. I'm sure more of it is on the way, seeing since that is one of the grandest projects in my life at the moment. On a different note, you'll be happy to hear, I went to auditions today for Much Ado About Nothing (the show I was in got cancelled, so I've been looking for other opportunities).

I auditioned at 2pm, was asked back for 3pm Call-backs, read for various parts (some in Romeo & Juliet as well), was dismissed at 4:30pm and received a call around 5pm telling me that I have been cast as Leonato! The part is written as the father of Hero (in Much Ado), but they're making the part a woman, and I'm it. I think it will be quite fun! That will give me a little more to add to the plate this summer.

Well, onward and upward, I suppose! Until next time. . . .

No comments: